Hi from a 'newbie' in Colorado.

JimBob

So I got bored watching it snow a few months ago and ordered a few knife blanks and paraphernalia to try and create a usable knife or two.
A fish fillet knife and a lil semi-skinner for waterfowl -- I did okay --stepkiddo iz happy with results.
So, I ordered another blank or two to keep me out of the bars and trouble!
One blank came with an about 1 1/4 inch or so longish bolster. It had a 'dent' in it and even if it didn't - I don't like it!
Mostly because I would prefer a 'larger' (length) and easier to grip handle.
Iz there such a thing as removing the bolster without screwing up the blade?
thanx in advance for your help..

Attachments

• IMAG0533.jpg
    IMAG0533.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
So, after thinking on it for a bit...it's off to the grinder I go. I am sure I'll have more questions soon enough!

Hope your grinding went well. I'm a newbie from Colorado too. I made some knife-like objects in Iraq and had a blast, now I'm looking to get started on making the real deal. Good luck to you!

Hiya... if ya look for the forum called new to knife making and post your question there with some pictures, you will probably get alot of answers by folks that have been at it a long time... there are some amazing knife makers here willing to give great advice...we also have a fantastic search system that brings up alot of info as well.....
But again...hello and welcome to the forum!!

Back