Stanless Damascus?

Grizzly Bear

Hey guys.

I have a question about Damascus steel. I saw what was advertised as stainless steel Damascus steel. I didn't know there was such a thing. I thought Damascus steel was made from 2 different non-stainless steel metals.

Is the stainless steel Damascus any good? Does it rust?

Please get back with me. I don't know if I should buy the stainless Damascus steel or is this just a ploy to get newcomers to buy the "stainless" variety of Damascus.

Many thanks,

Grizzly Bear

If its made by a reputable maker its good stuff. I highly recommend stuff from Devin Thomas, Rob Thomas, Damasteel, & Chad Nichols. Any stainless will rust under the right conditions that's why is call stain-LESS not stainfree.

What Darrin said! I've purchased and used Devin Thomas Stainless on my knives for years! Top quality stuff and BEAUTIFUL!

Thanks for the info. I'll check out Devin Thomas Stainless.

Laurence, I went to your web site for your rhinofingerskins.com and I think I am going to buy two sets. I'm ambidextrous so two sets would come in handy. The leather gloves that I use at the ranch are good for protection but I can't feel a thing in them!

God Bless,

Grizzly Bear

Grizz

Off topic, but if your leather gloves get caught in equipment, they will suck your whole arm in. I haven't had the opportunity to try the rhinofingerskins, but they look much safer. :thumbup1:

Hello Canada,

Your exactly right. I've been lucky so far but I am definitely going to get the rhinofingerskins. I am a part-time rancher and I got my shirt caught in the PTO of my tractor and it started to pull me in. Fortunately the material tore apart before my gut was about to grease the tractor!. I learned then you have to be on your guard around machines.

By the way, how is the hunting in your neck of the woods.

God Bless,

Grizzly Bear

Back