Greetings

YukonJack

I'm not big on formalities but here goes: I've had a lifelong interest in knives. Being recently retired I have some time on my hands and thought that now is as good as time as any to take a serious look at knife making. Over the years I've pounded out a few blades from rail car springs in an old coal forge and assembled a few fixed blades from kits, but all in all, none ever amounted to much. I seem to have developed a fascination with Barlows so currently I'm researching what's all involved with making a traditional slip joint Barlow. Who knows where it'll all end up? All I know is that everyday is a gift.

I collect slip joints from Great Eastern Cutlery and old Barlow knives. There's just something about old saw cut bone!

Thank you. YukonJack

Welcome Yukon Jack. Well, if you need help you certainly close to a good source of materials and information. Midwest Knifemakers Supply in right close by to you, and Tracy is a stand up guy. Plan on going to his hammer-in next August, and I look forward to meeting you.

Back