Spike-less Peregrines

Benr.t

Hey guys I decided it was time to do a spikeless version of my Peregrine Tomahawk, and I am super stoked with how they came out. I decided to do smooth handles as well, just to mix it up. : )
These are built with 3/8" 4140. They are through hardened and then I spring temper the tang for extra toughness. Although beefy, they are quite well balanced and pack a lot of punch. The first one has orange G10 scales, and I hand filed a couple grooves on the top half for extra grip. The black one is Tero Tuf, one of my favorite hawk handle materials. The scales are attached using both G/flex epoxy and flared stainless tubes.

You would have a hard time losing the orange one in the woods. :D

Thanks for looking!!

Those look great and I actually prefer them over your spike...even though the spike ones look sweet I could actually see myself using this style to pound a stake in the ground or something...the orange one is awesome...I'm a sucker for black and orange.
On a side note what flaring dies do you use to flare the tubes if you don't mind me asking.

Hey, Justin, I just bought a stick of 3/4" round O1 for that very reason. Since they were out of stock, I got thinking I can make those. I can heat treat them. Why not. Haven't started on them yet though.

Yeah, I got my set used. You might ask if they are even planning getting more made.
Make sure if you make some that you set them at an angle you can buy a countersink for. Mine are 82 degrees.

Back