Rules of Knifemaking (Just for fun!)

The wife is not allowed to quietly enter the shop then crisply call your name , this can cause sudden blade enhancement on the grinder.

If the water bucket under your grinder dosent have large amounts of a unkown substances in it that grosses the kids out when you reach in and pull out a handfull your not grinding enough.

When you drop your knife while grinding it will always punch a hole in your plastic water bucket.................

Scott,

For most of us, if that are married, that want to stay married to the same gal. the kitchen is the absolute worse place you can do any knife making work. :3:
i forgot to add granite countertops which won't burn or melt when a red hot blade is dropped on them, a freezer for quick cooling between tempers, easy to clean floors, accurate measuring cups and spoons for mixing epoxy, all the ingredients for super quench, and coffee filters and strainers for cleaning quench oil between uses.
how about this for a posting in the personals
Lonely 60+ knifemaker seeks lady between 45 and 65 who would not mind letting a mad scientist loose in the kitchen. Please include pictures of kitchen.

i forgot to add granite countertops which won't burn or melt when a red hot blade is dropped on them, a freezer for quick cooling between tempers, easy to clean floors, accurate measuring cups and spoons for mixing epoxy, all the ingredients for super quench, and coffee filters and strainers for cleaning quench oil between uses.
how about this for a posting in the personals
Lonely 60+ knifemaker seeks lady between 45 and 65 who would not mind letting a mad scientist loose in the kitchen. Please include pictures of kitchen.

So you melted the Corian countertop in your wife's kitchen?:58::58::58:

So you melted the Corian countertop in your wife's kitchen?:58::58::58:
with hot cast iron skillet that was burning my hand. before i left was my kitchen except for cleanliness inspections. i now have a lady friend who was not shocked to find 3 belt grinders, 2 disc grinders, 4 heat treat furnaces, a drill press, and a quench tank in the kitchen. the living room has a 8' red velvet sofa along with a jointer, band saw, table saw, and 400 board feet of lumber.

with hot cast iron skillet that was burning my hand. before i left was my kitchen except for cleanliness inspections. i now have a lady friend who was not shocked to find 3 belt grinders, 2 disc grinders, 4 heat treat furnaces, a drill press, and a quench tank in the kitchen. the living room has a 8' red velvet sofa along with a jointer, band saw, table saw, and 400 board feet of lumber.

Well, my motto has always always been to just be honest and upfront about who you are, what you do and what you like.

Because those that mind don't matter and those that matter, don't mind!

Last edited:
~ Expect to not get a kiss from the wife after working with bone or antler because "YOU STINK!"

~ Make sure to wear proper shoes when working in the shop. Those b*#^@es Gravity and Karma will inevitably throw something hot right between your toes if you have sandals on.

Back