Rules of Knifemaking (Just for fun!)

Calvin Robinson

Moderator Christian Forum
I told someone the other day that there were no rules in Knifemaking but that you must obey the rules of physics.
Just for fun,if you were on the rule making committee,what rules would you propose?
Remember now,this is just for fun. No offense intended and none taken.

Ill start off...

1- No Krinite or mammoth tooth allowed. (It's too ugly! :biggrin:)
2- Minimum wage should be at least $150.00 per hour.

1. No 'zombie' choppers or any reference mixing fine edged tools with zombies whatsoever. Should be noted that usually, knives that include the word 'zombie' aren't 'fine edged tools' in the first place.

2. No 'sharpened prybars' that can cut through chain link fence, cinder blocks or car doors.

3. No 'nightmare' grinds or anything similar that would relegate a blade pretty much worthless for the sake of so called 'aesthetics'. I bet the term 'nightmare' grind came not from the difficulty in producing such a grind, but rather from the end user who tried to use the knife for a slicing or cutting task.

:D

#1) No bling bling until you actually learn how to make a knife ! Guilty myself
#2) Learn to hate money, helps when reality sets in !
#3) Stab yourself and get it over with.
I can make these rules all day!

No complaining when the pile of Iron wood dust you haven't clean up from under the grinder catches fire and flames are licking at your 10" wheel & you find yourself running to the other side of the shop to get one of your two fire extinguishers because you moved them both over there for some stupid reason?:58:

Finished knives have a weird attraction to concrete, always carry with two hands. Dropped knives land point down unless the impact will crack the handle

You know your a knifemaker when you cut yourself and wipe the blade clean before dealing with the cut. Bleeding or not, rust will not stop for stitches.

A knife is finished when you have used its weight in sandpaper. Try as I might, I cannot seem to disprove this rule.

Everyone should have a 15 year old snooping through every nook and craney in there shop looking for the good stuff you stashed.And also one to do edge retention and overall abuse testing on your finished knives.

A knife is finished when you have used its weight in sandpaper. Try as I might, I cannot seem to disprove this rule.

You must be using ELMAX. I vote that John's comment should win the Knifetime (lifetime) Abrasive Award for learning so much so quickly :lol: !

Learn all you can from your fellow knifemakers and then do it all before you're 80 years old. :117_running_dog::taz::s12138:

Back