1095, Red Mallee, Brass bolster, new sheath w/ lacing

Dennis Morland

KNIFE MAKER
Here is a knife that I just completed. It still needs to be sharpened but I will wait until I finish its twin brother.

I need to thank a few members for their help on this build. I need to thank backtines for the inspiration to build this knife. I have admired his stuff for some time and I thought I would try and make one similar in style. Also, thank you to Art Summers. He gave me his tips on attaching the bolsters. These will never fall off. Also, I need to thank Jess Hoffman. He gave me the red mallee scales in the Christmas giveaway last year.

Knife is made from 1095. It is right at 10 inches long. Red Mallee scales and brass bolsters. 3/16 brass pins. It is built like a tank.

The sheath is dark brown on the edge and antique brown in the center. I used lacing for the very first time. This one is a very simple roll. I am working on the round braid. Maybe on the next one. I hope.

Thank you for looking and give any suggestions, critiques, etc. I have pretty thick skin.

I took these pictures in my newly built light box. Pictures are getting a bit better but still need some work.

DeMo

I used my newly made light box to take a few more photographs. These are much better. Probably overkill but I like taking better pictures.

DeMo

Back