First one out of the new shop.

Its been a while since I posted anything because its been 2 months since I finished a knife. I was expecting the new shop to be up and running in 7-10 days but everything that could go wrong did go wrong but I finally got everything squared away. I'll try to post some pics of the new shop before it gets too dirty but I'm waaaay behind and gotta play some serious catch up.
Anyway, enough whining, the customer supplied the design and chose the materials. The steel is .300" 3V @ HRC-60 and the handle is Maroon Linen Micarta. The blade is ~10" and the OAL is ~15". I ground it to .012" at the edge before sharpening. It has a nice 400X satin finish. Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

• Maroon Linen & 3V Bowie #1 (2).jpg
    Maroon Linen & 3V Bowie #1 (2).jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 134
  • Maroon Linen & 3V Bowie #2 (2).jpg
    Maroon Linen & 3V Bowie #2 (2).jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Great job Darrin - such crisp grind lines always impress me. Good luck with the new shop... BTW, did you ever manage to get in touch with Cap'n Ron?

Ken H>

Very nice work. That's a pretty serious grind from .300 down to .012, very well done.

Don

Darren,
Man! That thing is as slick as an otter slide and as clean as a whistle! Great handle material and beautiful blade. You done good!

Mighty good looking work Darrin.
Seems like the shop suits you.
A winter time build can be challenging,
So many obsticals, rain, cold, football, hunting, short days, etc....
Do like the knife, well done.
Dozier

Great looking knife, Darrin. Its good to see you have your new shop open. Its a lot of work moving everything and finding a place for it.

Back