Kmg horizontal conversion kit

leej60

My name is Lee from DFW, TX; I operate 2 companies, American WaterJet & American Lumbermill. We are an R&D company. Bush Monkey Knifes suggested there is a great need for a horizontal conversion kit for the KMG Grinder, we have created the kit for less than $500. Two have been sold, one to Old Style Designs, the other to War Horse Weaponry. Mack Cook from John Peter Smith Hospital's maintenance department ordered a kit. Bush Monkey Knifes is interested in purchasing a kit also. The WT-90 grinder is approx. $3,400 - the KMG with the variable speed and accessories runs approx. $2,000. Do the math. $2,000 + our conversion kit is still $900 less. The first 50 kits are $450 + shipping.

This Kit is designed to retrofit the electrical motor that KMG supplies. Holes and slots are machined for a 56 frame motor.
Note if different motor is to be used it may require new holes to be drilled.
Kit Includes (as shown in photos)
All necessary parts to convert into horizontal position (special features motor tension tool)
Kit does not include V-belt depends is on your pulley sizes and/or variable speed set up. You will need to purchase the V-belt to fit your set-up. Variable speed control will have to be re-positioned and will require a longer electrical cord to motor.
Kit comes with one horizontal work rest.
Your choice:
8”contact wheel tool rest
10”contact wheel tool rest
12”contact wheel tool rest
8”platin tool rest
Note the work rests raise up and down to utilize the 2” grinding belt surface & all tilt to an almost vertical position
Each additional tool rest - $ 60

Lee McInnis 817.602.7459
leejmcinnis@gmail.com

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 73
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 70
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 65
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 66
  • photo 1 (2).jpg
    photo 1 (2).jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 65
  • photo 2 (2).jpg
    photo 2 (2).jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 58
  • photo 3 (2).jpg
    photo 3 (2).jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 61
  • photo 4 (2).jpg
    photo 4 (2).jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 59
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 66
Man, that is quite a set up. Sure wish I had the money to purchase it. By the way welcome to the pound, Lee.

Thanks Larry and Dogs for having me

Man, that is quite a set up. Sure wish I had the money to purchase it. By the way welcome to the pound, Lee.
I worked to build a compact kit to utilize the machine size. The waterjet does a great job. My daugther Caroline cads all the drawings and operates the waterjet. She understands the accuracy I expect for projects like the kmg kit.

How much would an 8" platen tool rest only be, $60?

I already have my GIB setup for horizontal, but your tool rest looks like it would be good addition to my setup. You should offer a tool rest for the small wheel holder also. A lot of the folder makes would like that, I believe.

8" platen

How much would an 8" platen tool rest only be, $60?

I already have my GIB setup for horizontal, but your tool rest looks like it would be good addition to my setup. You should offer a tool rest for the small wheel holder also. A lot of the folder makes would like that, I believe.
Thank you lead dog for your interest.
i will fab. A work rest for the smaller dia. I sell the work rest for that price with the kmg kit( will post video this week of kit being operated) I sell them separate for 75.00 guaranteed or your money back. Let me know

Back