Fabricators needed: Grinders, forges, grinding magnet, knife vise, wood cutting jig

BossDog

KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner
Staff member
We are looking for metal fabricators that are looking for some extra work/income.

Up front so you know, I will be particular on the quality of the fabrication including welds.

1. We need someone to put together nearly completed No Weld Grinder Kits. These would be based on the No Weld Grinder plans and be welded. I would buy them five at a time and put them up for resale. The kit will need to have the basic frame, work rest, flat platen and slack wheel arms and one additional tool arm for a contact wheel. Also an optional small wheel holder arm. We will supply the wheels and the small wheel holder.
  2. I have a buddy that is also looking for someone to fabricate a grinder based on his design. I can put you in touch with him but I don't know what arrangements he would make with a fabricator.
  3. We need someone to fabricate grinding magnets. These are large magnets that will hold a knife while grinding.
  4. We need someone to fabricate knife vises. We have a design but will look at any designs someone comes up with.
  5. We need someone to fabricate a venturi type forge or line of forges. These would be typical venturi forges but we can also talk about blower forge set up.
  6. We are also looking for someone to design a jig that can hold safely cut wood blocks or scales using a typical table saw. We need this for internal use but can work with a fabricator to help bring it to market.

You can contact me via PM, call or direct email.

Too bad I'm in Canada. Oh well I'm not a very pretty welder (Skills or looks, I thought I should get that out of the way before someone points it out)

Boss - Here are a couple pic's of a sled I use on my table saw for cutting blocks and scales. I don't recall where I got the plans from, but if you Google "table saw sled plans", you will get a ton of hits.

Jim

Did Beth tell you about the GRR-Ripper? If not google it and let me know what you think. Its on my tool list, along with about 1000 other things, LOL

Did Beth tell you about the GRR-Ripper? If not google it and let me know what you think. Its on my tool list, along with about 1000 other things, LOL

Yep. Got one and its close but not quite what I need.

Sure love the way you come to the forum to offer work !! I'm not into the multi making thing for tools but I know that for some it can be a fun way to go.
Frank

Back