Votes: 2 6.7%
  • DBAR

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad Lilly

Moderator and Awards Boss
Please post your choice to win this category along with a photo. Note the maker should have less than two years experience in knifemaking

Here you go Darrin.
twC6MCw.jpg

I completely agree that both Justin and John should be up for this. Need to get Justin joined up and KCKA would be representing well!

Chris

I nominate Anthony a.k.a. Self Made Knives.

attachment.php

This is a nice clean knife with good lines and flow for a newer maker and the filework is very creative and well done.

attachment.php

I'm also going to nominate DBAR.

Don posted this knife recently. His second only, I think.

Wonderfully clean and visually striking knife, especially for a second.

attachment.php

Again, super touch category here. 5 guys that made outstanding 'beginner' knives. Quotes on 'beginner' for a reason. :) These all have something to offer. Congrats to all 5 of you for paying attention and really pushing yourselves and learning from all the great resources here on knifedogs and on the web. It's been a ton of fun to watch you guys participate and come along on each and every knife.

JPS- you made a great little slipjoint with classic lines
Justin- you have practical well thought out designs with nice fit and finish
Anthony- fantastic filework very unique and well executed. Nice practical design.
Aaron- nice knives with good use of materials and nice execution on repeatable shapes and grinds.

This was maybe the closest vote yet for me but I had to pick DBAR. Really nice profile and lines on this piece and a fairly complex build utilizing multiple techniques in constructing that handle. Nice choice of materials and a lot of attention to detail.

This was really tough and all 5 of you should be very proud.

Gota agree with John on this one. Very tough to pick a winner. all of you guys have been doing nice knives and have come along way from when you started.

I went with SELF. His knife showed great fit and finish. and that filework, paired with the blade shape and style of the knife. To me, made it best in this group.

That said. You all are winners in my book. I look forward to seeing more work from all of you.

Stay sharp and above all else, HAVE FUN!

Blessings
Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back