Can I now be considered a knifemaker again?? First ones in a long time.... Feels good

Keith Willis

Trying to post a pic... Been so long I have to relearn how... Hoping it shows up
I still have a way to go,but I am almost up and running again
unnamed.jpg

God bless

Thanks Calvin... Sometimes life just takes those twists and turns... I never lost the hope that I would be back at it, but as we all know sometimes we just let life knock us down and we can stay down or we can realize where our hope is at. When we get up we will realize there is no limit too what we can do.

God bless

Keith,
There was almost a year that I just put it down and worked on other things in my life.

There has been no Harm, No Foul! Enjoy that you are back to burning and cutting yourself.:happy:

If I remember right, friend, you had just finished a folder or two and I was hoping to see the next. I did miss you here and am pleased to see you back ! You can walk the river shore line again and maybe find an artifact . All my best to you Keith ! Frank

Thanks guys, each and every one of you has had a part in me being where I am at, as a knife maker,.... now granted I am not that great at it, but I am learning.
I have personally met some of you and some I have not, but I think of you each as a brother and hope I am able to meet more of you in the future..
I have missed making knives, but have really missed the forum.

Hey Frank, I am trying to get everything together too see what I have and what I don't have to make a folder. I am hoping I can make it back to the river later this winter
I am only a block from the levee, but getting up and over the levee, with my health, is no easy feat. I made it over there back in the summer, but the Kudzu was so thick
I would not attempt it... Hope I am able to make a path this winter (that is if winter ever gets here) and keep it clear so I can go when I am able... Take care my friend

God bless

Looks like an ambitious knifemaker! Go slow and don't rush it. We all want you to progress and not end up away again recovering. Glad to see your working again!

Being a knifemaker at heart just never goes away...kinda like Toe Fungus...the itch doesn't stop.
Once you're in, you're always welcome back.

Steve

Keith, it's like riding a bike. You never forget how. Nice looking batch of knives. Can't wait to see them finished.

Thanks my friends... Hey Steve, you are correct, once it's in your blood, it never goes away ( I will always credit you for me attempting a folder)

Thanks Jim, I'm ready to use some of that wood.

Thanks Frank, After I get all my things together, and find out what I am missing, I will need to get the material ordered... I may be talking to ya

Hey George, I have only tried stock removal

God bless

Keith, its good to know you're back to making knives. Please take it slow, working with power tools when you are not at full power can lead to mistakes that can get you hurt. I learned the hard way just a couple weeks ago myself. This community is behind you all the way and like Jim said you never forget how. Maybe a little rusty like some of those knives but you will ( git er done ). Take it slow and good luck.

Larry

Thanks Larry, I am a little slow, and my health (back) is getting worse and they say there is nothing they can do. I will just have to try to take the best care of myself I can.

God bless

Glad to see you are getting going again. As Tactically Sharp said dont over do and try getting into one of the smooth steady productive paces.

Back