Another one bites the dust from Minnesota

I live on a dirt road just off Interstate 94 between Monticello and Clearwater, MN. I made my first knife about 10 years ago at a class taught by Kay Vikstrom from Finland. We did the whole process, forged the blade, a hidden tang Puukko including handle and sheath. All was done in the traditional Finnish way. Ever since then I have made a Puukko from time to time and even done some simple random damascus. In October of 2014 I got the opportunity to work for John Emmerling at Gearhart Ironwerkz in Gerhart Oregon. I have now a serious case of damascus fever thanks to my good buddy Wayne Coe. Presently I'm working in my basement for layout/fit-up/finish, my shop in the pole barn is heated by a propane torpedo heater and the forge. Thanks to all who have helped me alone the way!

Thanks Tracy, the stuff I ordered from you gets here much faster just because you are a home boy. I'll be hitting you up on a frequent basis.

Welcome aboard Rome, I live in the NW metro myself. Have yet to make my first knife, life just kind of got in the way and ive been busy making stuff for the shop. Im currently limited to stock removal but would love to one day try my hand at forging and work with some damascus. Got to get a few under my belt first.

Slatroni, pictures as requested. Here's the last 4 knives I've made. What you see is all because of Wayne Coe and John Emmerling. Wayne hooked me up with John and I was a good student with some experience. More to come for sure, I'm really just getting started. From left to right, Hunter with Ash Crotch handle, Hunter with Feather pattern, Hunter with Amboyna Burl handle and Chef with Feather pattern, Pistachio handle.
Knife-Hunter-3.jpgKnife-Hunter-1.jpgKnife-Hunter-2.jpg Knife-Chef-1.jpg

Back