Japanese Menuki

bubba-san

Hello folks , I wanted to post some Japanese shibuichi menuki that Teddy the jeweler and knifemaker cast for me . He did a great job , I would recommend anyone who needs some intricate casting of various metal , contact teddy he will do you right .These are copied from a 16th century copper menuki . He did a great Job ..... Bubba-san

Attachments

• shibuichi Menuki 006.JPG
    shibuichi Menuki 006.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 29
  • shibuichi Menuki 007.JPG
    shibuichi Menuki 007.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 29
  • shibuichi Menuki 002.JPG
    shibuichi Menuki 002.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 31
DSCN2102.jpgDSCN2105.jpgHey guys great looking Menuki. I would like to show a menuki that Bubba and i worked on awhile back. I made it out of mokume gane sheet.I think the more detail it has like the dragon the the more impact it has. Anyway its a bad a:: knive made from forged L6. Great job Teddy. i think casting has lots of possibilities in knifemaking.

Thanks Doug, You also made some shibu menuki for me . I sold everyone you made except, the 2 pairs I used on a sword . When menuki made from shibuichi are used in a blade

they start to change colors , depending on how acidic your skin is . It can change from Blue to black or even a copper color . The Japanese valued shibu more than gold . Translated it means "Mysterious Metal". Bubba.........

By the way Doug , that " Ol" l-6 tanto still looks good . Wrap is worn a little .. why don't you send it back and I will rewrap with some silk ito
it will conform to the blade a little better . No charge.......

Last edited:
Back