Shot a doe and it was fun

Justin Presson

Went out this morning bow hunting. No movement til 845am when I had a doe come out at about 75 yards working to me when out of no where 6 does decided to flank me. Managed to get into position and pop one.
Got to try out one of my knives for the first time and it was pretty sweet.
Then to top it off my wife and son came along to drag it to the truck. He was excited....he has been asking me every time I come home from hunting "you shot a big deer?" It wasn't a big buck but to him it didn't matter and when the day was done it didn't matter to me either.
Fun morning.
800c4242d2c7b5e7f0f3d7dff778b432.jpg

3c96ae2293c4653dc873f94187fa1ff5.jpg

4d55ab07430b2292040d5e91d3a2c17c.jpg

955b49fa5dcdcd7658d0c7e4122ba273.jpg

Now that's the way to start off a young hunter! And a good lookin' young lad he is, I might add. Nice to finally put a face with your name and voice too. Glad to see that knife gettin' some work done. Now go fry up some of that fresh backstrap! LOL

Nice Justin, awesome that you can get your son and wife involved. Good shot too! I love it when the deer pin you down and you can still manage to maneuver into position for a good shot. Congrats, Pennsylvania's rifle season opens Monday, hoping to connect on a buck, didn't have any antler luck this year with the bow yet.

Wayne

Congratulations on a successful hunt, any deer with a bow is a trophy

I personally think a young doe is the best eating.

Me too, those big guys look great on the wall but tend to be tough and strong

Thanks guys. I believe in exposing the little man to hunting early. Not push him into it or anything just let him see it and explain it to him. My neighbors came over and there kids who are a bit older were a bit freaked out that's what I want to avoid.
I agree the young does are tender compared to a rutting buck.

Now that's the way to start off a young hunter! And a good lookin' young lad he is, I might add. Nice to finally put a face with your name and voice too. Glad to see that knife gettin' some work done. Now go fry up some of that fresh backstrap! LOL
I know we need a picture thread so I know what you all look like too

Back