First Folder a Friction

Justin Presson

This was my first attempt at a folder and decided to start basic with a friction. The hardest part for me was getting the design set and making sure everything was going to line up and such.
You folder guys are something else I must say hats off to ya. There are a few things that are not that great but overall I'm happy with it and and feels good to have it under my belt.
01 steel
Stainless pivot and stop pin
OD green canvas micarta
Coyote brown G10 backspace
OAL is 6" opened
Blade is 2.5" tip to front of handle

Let me know what you think comments always welcome.
JP
d8a2fe191ecdaf0fb276ade76c30a755.jpg

fc041fc14057bc5eeb7d0ce86a373b32.jpg

8278625522c561d0279f9866b0877347.jpg

Looks great. How about a pic of the spine and backspacer? Only thing design wise that comes to mind to me, is that butt end of scales, inner corner looks a little sharp to me, might not be comfortable in a pocket. Might just be pic? But, hey, I like it.

Looks great, I hope my first folder(which is still way far away on the drawing board) turns out that good)! Probably the main reason I haven't started is the fit and tolerances, I'm afraid if them, but your knife looks as though you have no problems with that stuff, good job.

Wayne

Very nice! I would agree with Wayne, the idea of making folders intimidates me at this point but it's definitely on my bucket list of knife making projects!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks guys for the nice comments.

Got a question if anyone can answer. Do I need to put anything on the threads to keep them from backing out?

On my first folder, once I got the pivot screw tension just right, I noticed after opening the knife about a dozen or so times, it would start loosening up. I put a tiny drop of medium locktite on the pivot screw and it stopped. I'm kind of curious too, what do the pros do?

I'll say this.............one of the nicest looking friction folders I've seen. I love the design. It looks well thought out and very practical.

Nice work Justin... Great fit-N-finish
The only thing I would do different is to round off the sharp edges.

God bless

Back