Hello from St. Louis

jwesthurl

Well, actually St. Peters, Mo in St. Charles county. I've been making knives for a little over a year and I love it. I've been lurking here for a little while because this forum comes up on Tapatalk! I've spent most of my time on another knife forum but I really like how this forum is structured and I already know the knife community to be a helpful, generous bunch, so I'm very excited to be here. I've been nothing but happy in my dealing with USAknifemaker.com and I really like the idea of being able to sell a knife or two without paying a membership. I look forward to spending more time here and getting to know you all.

Thanks!
Josh

P.S. Is there a good sub-forum to post some of my knives to give an idea of what I do as a sort of introduction? I know the knife community is crazy about photos.

Hey Josh!
Welcome to the forum. I am looking forward to seeing your work. You could post some on this thread...
- J

Here is my first knife. It's not perfect but it will always be special

profilebest_zpsad4cb297.jpg

a couple more...

knifeandsheathbg_zps5255aa87.jpg

blackutility_zps706b2dff.jpg

This is my tribute to the M1 Garand. The blade is 1095 that is Parkerized just like an M1 and the handle is made from an actual G.I. stock with inlaid WWII headstamps.
I'm pretty proud of this one.

M1kniveprofile_zps88a7fbc6.jpg

Last edited:
Great stuff! I like the Garand knife, neat idea. Sheaths look great too, you making those as well? Just curious, about how many knives have you made so far?

Great stuff! I like the Garand knife, neat idea. Sheaths look great too, you making those as well? Just curious, about how many knives have you made so far?
Thank you! I do make all of my sheaths as well. I think I've made 8 or 9 knives so far and I have 4 or 5 at various stages of finish at the moment. I can post a few more photos if anyone is interested.

Back