So now I stoked and excited

wall e

Did a little research and found that the mystery metal frame saw blade is made from 1095 So I had to try and make a knife and have one of the creative and a bruiser to use. My niece will either wear it out or destroy it.

15f8d617caaac7e6a24a24d10f3c8b57.jpg

Saw blade outline of the blade.

Heres the knife all cut and ground.
8261b7ce01c4dd80ebcdb6e2a1a2d305.jpg

I know it looks like a combo of several knives because it is.

Ii wanted to make a knife that wasn't wasting the stock it came from. My niece helped with the design.

I had a polite fellow remind me while these bushcraft knives are easy to make and can be done quickly they are not truly a knife. They are purely a hack at the knife making craft. This was a quick and easy way to appease a teen who wanted a different and in her terms cool knife. It was a practice to grind it even and matched. But is to many a waste of time and electricity,sand paper and ink. Thank you sir for guiding me along the path of a knifemaker and not a hack who wants to create quick cheap junk.

If it cuts, its a knife. If it makes you say Wow, its a pretty knife. Thats my take on it. Sometimes we forget, a knife is a tool....

True slatroni. I am wanting to just make a tool to be proud of that has some astetics as well as useful. will post pics of my headache later today

Back