Need some help locating parts for a project I have going

C Craft

Guys I have a project going that I need some stop washers/bushing that are 3/8" ID X 3/4" OD, and approximately 3/8" thick. I need them to either have a lock screw drilled and tapped into them or at least be that thickness to allow me to drill and tap the washer.

The idea is they will slide over a 3/8" shaft and the set screw will tighten it in place acting as a stop for another compo net to run against. They do not necessarily need to be hardened as the component running against will not cause a lot of wear. Indeed if I have to drill and tap them myself it will be best if they are not hardened!

I know I could do this myself by using hole saws to cut them from 3/8" steel and then sanding and drilling and tapping but that is a lot of steps. I know I have seen such washers/bushings/stop washers, I don't know!!! Perhaps I am not calling them by the right name is why I can't Google up anything. So throw an old dog a bone and help out if you can understand what I am talking about and you might know where to find them!!!:s12108:

EDIT: This is what I am looking for

http://www.elesa.com/scheda_us_20_7159_19_4.aspx

Now if I can just find them in a standard size with a 3/8" ID. Sometimes you just got to keep slugging away at the keys. Still need them in a 3/8" ID if anyone can help with that and I don't need a thousand if anyone has a source for a smaller amount???????

Last edited:
Have you looked at McMaster Carr? I just looked at bushings and found some aluminum bushings that I think are the exact dimensions you're wanting. They don't have the set screws yet, but you could add those. Looks like they have plastic, steel, etc. I didn't look at much of it, but you might check it out.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#
AL bushing.JPG

You almost need some drill stops from your description. Similar things were put on drill bits to control the depth you drilled into material.

Just the rookies input but 1/2 od .165 wall dom tube has a .370 id just a thought I didnt check to see what the fraction was for the tube. Also the stops are on ebay for 9 to 15 bucks a set.

Last edited:
To Mike and Rudy thanks a bunch that is what I am thinking of.

Rudy I know that is not a drill stop but, thanks for the link, I believe that will work!

Rudy, YOU THE MAN, whoot, whoot!

That is exactly what I am looking for. My memory for what I am saw is better than my ability to remember the name of the darn thing! :what!: I knew I had seen them and for the life of me could not think of what the name was and sometimes you can Google for hours and if you are not using the proper name, well................. it is just a lot searches for not!!

Last edited:
You're welcome C.
When I said I hadn't seen drill stops in years I should have added that I really never looked for them after the advent of modern tools. I remember in 1973 getting my first store bought Craftsman complete tool set and wondering what the heck those rings were for. lol. Tape was always good enough for me. I still have the ratchets and some sockets, I think I got my moneys' worth.

Rudy

Mike, Rudy thanks, I actually went by my local hardware, I have lived here now 36 years after getting out of the service, and it was in business back when I moved here, so far the box stores haven't been able to run this one out! So just for kicks I walked into the tool section and to the drill bits and danged it they didn't have drill stops a set in various sizes. :biggrin:

The site that you linked Rudy will work as for this project I need several the same sizes and it looks like I can order them there reasonably. Sometimes its like beating a dead horse when looking for something on the net when you can't remember what the part is called. You keep getting things to pop up that are close but not quite right! Thanks again!!!

Back