Have a look at this please.

slatroni

This is the coolest knife that I have made to date. Please critique it for me.

Blade---------- 7 1/2" 1095/14N20
Handle--------- Koa Wood
spacers-------- black and stainless

The dark dots on the blade are rain drops. And the spine and the butt shots are from before the knife was finished.
Damascus bowie and koa 2.JPGDamascus bowie and koa but.JPGDamascus bowie and koa spine.JPG

Thanks for looking!
Steve

Last edited:
Steve,
I like the drop of the handle and think it would feel real comfy! I love that Koa wood.
The Spanish notch is a nice touch and the rope filing on the spine looks good too.

You do seem to have a bit of a gap where the blade meets the guard, perhaps you could square this up a little more on the next one? I like your Damascus end cap and the connector.

Now you already know what you aren't happy with!:biggrin: Focus on fixing those issues on the next one.

Thanks for the replies Dogs. Laurence the gap is gone as soon as I set up for pics the rain (drizzle) started. So I only got the first pic. The others were before the knife was completed.

Looking good Slatroni- like your damascus, and koa looks great on it. Only thing that you might work on is your grooves on the guard and ferrule look a bit crooked, unless it is the light making it look that way or something that changed once you finished the knife. These are tough to do and I would be challenged to do this as it takes a lot of time and patience to do perfectly. Great piece though and I would be proud to own it.

Thank you for the input Ausbrooks. Your are correct, all that filling takes allot of patience.

Back