Stacked Hunter

Rudy Joly

This one has been laying around for a week awaiting the inevitable picture taking session that I keep puting off.
I may just give up on taking pictures.....nothing but problems and seems like a big waste of my time. Here you go anyways.

Stacked leather washers.
9 1/4" OA.
O-1
4" cutting edge.
Bronze/black, red and stainless spacers.
My leather work.

Thanks for looking at my awful pictures.

Rudy

Looking good Rudy. I really like the materials combination. I try to take my pics when it is overcast outside, that way the glare/shadow is minimal.

Thanks Jon.
It doesn't matter when I take pics, they always look crappy. The other thing that bugs me is the cloth I wipe my knives down with. It's a gun cloth with that G96 silicone in it, no matter how well I wipe them down there's always smudge marks somewhere on the knife. I can see them on this blade in the pic. I keep forgetting not to use it anymore although it does help with the rust factor in my area.

Rudy

The smudge marks are not that evident in the photo. It's the hard lighting with dark shadows that kill the shot. Composition should in a basic shot be point to the bottom left, handle on upper right, and blade mark showing. Make a frame of PVC, cover it with a dollar store white shower curtain. Shine your light source through it to light the knife.

Your choice of back ground is very nice. This will not only make your knife look as good as it really is but, will increase sales. A good set of photos send to a prospect has a greater chance of turning them into buyers.

This knife is nice and has far more attention to detail then the harsh lighting can show.

Great looking knife Rudy, really like the look of the leather, grinds, and buffed brass. Your pictures look fine to me- probably because I have fought all the smudges, reflections, etc and know that these are not marks but just photo anomalies so know to look beyond them. Photography is an art in itself and most knifemakers struggle with it it seems.

Back