2 South Texas fav's

rcknives

Completed two of my most popular blades this past week. Been too busy to post but finally got some time. Both of these blades are made from A2 tool steel. I really love this stuff and from the feedback I've received so does everybody else. I actually started out using O-1 tool steel but found that although its great at resharpening in the field and is pretty tough it will start rusting just looking at it. I started looking experimenting with other steel and found that A2 was a perfect fit. This stuff takes on a very wicked edge its scary and doesn't seem to rust as fast, don't get me wrong it will form rust but nowhere near as fast as O-1. I have also acid etched a few of the A2 field blades and the guys tell me it helps alot with keeping the rust from forming. Anyway here are a couple of pics of the two latest to leave the shop, one is a meat cleaver and the other is a skinner/caper. The skinner was acid etched again to help keep the rust down. The handle material on the cleaver is Texas Ebony and on the skinner I used Spalted Tamarind ( Great Stuff!). Let me know what you guys think.

Carnicero 3.jpgCarnicero 2.jpgCarnicero 1.jpgmcfee scorpion 1.jpgmcfee scorpion 2.jpg

Back