The only show I plan to attend in 2015

Bruce Bump

Forum Owner-Moderator
Its Monumental! The Knifemakers Guild and the American Bladesmith Society have come together and replaced their annual Knife Shows to create one "Super Show" to be held in Kansas City.

"The International Cutler Exposition" ICCE will be held on September 18-20 at the Marriott Downtown in Kansas City

Kaye and I have trouble attending allot of shows each year and decided to do only one show and if I'm selected to be a table holder this is the one I plan to devote all my attention to.

Here is a great article in Knife World that explains a good amount of history from both the Guild and ABS.
Please take a minute and read it. Very interesting. Phone numbers to contact for rooms and table reservations are at the end of this article.

http://ep.yimg.com/ty/cdn/knifeworld/Knife_World-ICCE-show.pdf

Last edited:
Bruce,
Sounds like a great idea for a show! I don't think I and the Mrs can display there since she is a school teacher but I wish you the very best in fun & sales!

Dave that would be good to shake your hand again. Its been about 10 years now. Please show up!

Laurence if you can make it too just as a spectator I'd love to meet you and the Mrs.

I know you guys all use more than one forum, but does anybody every organize a forum get-together at a show like this? It would be fun to put a face and personality behind the avatars. Don't know the show rules, but could Knife Dogs get a table as a group and let forum members display a knife or two each? Except I want mine displayed at the opposite end of the table from yours Bruce!

I know you guys all use more than one forum, but does anybody every organize a forum get-together at a show like this? It would be fun to put a face and personality behind the avatars. Don't know the show rules, but could Knife Dogs get a table as a group and let forum members display a knife or two each? Except I want mine displayed at the opposite end of the table from yours Bruce!

They may not allow it unfortunately as the staff may see that as "table sharing". If there is a collector with allot of forumite knives I think he could display on the perimeter of the show. Are you a Guild or ABS member? If not you should join and put in for a table.
I've heard of after hour get togethers of forumites in the lobby or restaurant close. That would be easier. Good time for show and tell too.

Dave that would be good to shake your hand again. Its been about 10 years now. Please show up!

Laurence if you can make it too just as a spectator I'd love to meet you and the Mrs.

Bruce,
You never know? A lot can happen from now to next Sept!

We have our hotel reservations and we've blocked off our work calendars - we'll be there Bruce! And Laurence, I'd dig meeting you too. Now... Do I have to make something for show and tell? :D he he he!

I'm thinking about trying to make this show. The guild and ABS it should be awesome and the best of both worlds. Hopefully (if I make it) I will be able to meet some of the characters that frequent knifedogs.

Back