7" Tanto

Benr.t

Just finished up this order, and I am very happy with how it came out. I have done a similar one before, but with a longer blade. I am really pleased with how it looks with more compact blade.
The seppa is hammered copper and the tsuba is browned mild steel. It has a hemp wrapped handle that is epoxy soaked. The blade is 5160 with a nice antique finish.

Any and all comments welcome.

Ben, you are the best! You never cease to amaze. Would you mind briefly describing the process of "browning" mild steel?

Wallace

Thanks guys!

Ben, you are the best! You never cease to amaze. Would you mind briefly describing the process of "browning" mild steel?

Wallace

I use Birchwood Casey Plumb brown. The key is clean steel, and heating it before applying the brown. I use a propane torch. You want it to sizzle when applied.

Ben, Still trying to find the neo tribal part. Out standing knife! This needs to be one you produce a lot of. Is the blade 7" or the whole knife?

What was in the wood crate?

Last edited:
Ben, Still trying to find the neo tribal part. Out standing knife! This needs to be one you produce a lot of. Is the blade 7" or the whole knife?

What was in the wood crate?

Thanks Ray! It is 12" OAL, with a 7" blade.
It is an older box I got from my dad, not sure exactly, something....explosive. : )

Back