How was your morning? we got hacked

BossDog

KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner
Staff member
OK, first we will not using a name of a certain extremist religious group in the mideast creating issues. That only attracts attention from people we don't need. They have google also.

We got hacked this morning by a certain group claiming responsibility and linking a video. I never looked at the video so I don't know what it was. We got the hack taken care of and we made some changes where it should not happen again.

I imagine we were targeted by this group due to the fact we have a Christian sub forum here.

What I need from everyone here is co-operation on avoiding trigger words that show up in Google that will make us another target.

We have a Christian sub forum and that stays.

We will not benefit in anyway discussing other religions..period. If this smacks of intolerance to you, it is what we have been pushed into based on the hack this morning. This is a necessary step to take to avoid being the focus of hackers of said religious groups. Keep in mind, we are a knife forum, not a politics or religious discussion forum. Long winded discussions of different religions only attracts others that want to debate religion. These pop up on google instantly as we are a fairly high volume site in the context of indexed and changing content. Our exception to this is we will continue to have a Christian sub forum here....we aren't adding any other religious forums for "balance" or Political correctness.

Moderators, any discussion of religions in the news in the mideast currently is to be deleted instantly.

We will continue to support any Christian discussion in the sub forum as we have in the past.

Carry on dogs..
t

Last edited:
Glad to hear that you're keeping the Christian forum and aren't giving in to "PC'ness" like so many others these days. I'll keep an eye out for keywords on the topics you've described and will delete them ASAP.

Yep, our world changed drastically after that September date some years ago. And in more ways than we can possibly know I'm afraid. What we say and how we say it must be measured carefully so to not attract the lurkers and undesirables etc. I think your response is sadly necessary.

Rick

Just so others are aware though it is a Christian forum many of other faiths or ideas have joined in on some discussions.
So please do contact me Bossdog if I am incorrect?

While it is a Christian forum, others are welcome that have positive thoughts, ideas and discussions to contribute in a non-debative fashion.

Sure thing Boss. Knifedogs has to be the most polite, helpful forum on the web. I'm sure everyone will be on their best behavior.

I was online using the forum when it disappeared. I'm glad to see it back up. I too support your position and will continue to use this forum and the sub forum. Tracy "Good Job!"

Anybody still having problems posting pictures? Haven't been able to post pics since hack. Is it just me?

Is there any chance the hack could have caused the website to restrict uploading of pics? When I try insert a pic in a post, I get a error window from website that says file not uploaded. What could be wrong?

Just so others are aware though it is a Christian forum many of other faiths or ideas have joined in on some discussions.
So please do contact me Bossdog if I am incorrect?

While it is a Christian forum, others are welcome that have positive thoughts, ideas and discussions to contribute in a non-debative fashion.

agreed.

Is there any chance the hack could have caused the website to restrict uploading of pics? When I try insert a pic in a post, I get a error window from website that says file not uploaded. What could be wrong?

No direct reports on this but sometimes those are slow. I'll have a look. Something could have been buggered up. They really tore things up under the hood.

test of picture posting...
zebra in jail.jpg

confirmed issue with this. I've reported it to our contracted support vendor...

update -- fixed

Last edited:
Yes you did I went to get on the forum and I get this message saying the server was down. Weird I thought so I Goggled the Knife Dogs forum and when it popped up I tried the link. Only to get this message that this site had been hacked by @@@@????

So I emailed the store and told them what had happened and was they aware of it. Your lovely wife emailed me back and said thanks, they were aware of and was working on it!!!

OK so when I posted this I see the @'s and I am trying to figure that out.
s12138.gif
I just went back and read your first post and now I understand why the @'s now!!!!! So here is all I got to say to them and any hackers. :s8957:

Last edited:
Back