Info on a carving knife

Tony Manifold

I am looking for info on an old carving knife set my dad has. It has antler handles and was made in sheffield by Firth. I took a pick of the logo.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413331671083.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413331671083.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 36
What info are you looking for? I just Googled "Firth Cutlery Sheffield England" and a page of stuff popped up!

If its value? about 20-$100.00 bucks. Is what i've sold sets like that depending on condition.
I will clean them up and put a new edge on the carver.

There are lots of sets like those here in the US and most people don't have the big roast, Ham, turkey dinners, but maybe a couple of times a year anymore.

There is some interest $$ in the sets in excellent condition but most have been used since the 50s 60's & 70's.

What info are you looking for? I just Googled "Firth Cutlery Sheffield England" and a page of stuff popped up!

If its value? about 20-$100.00 bucks. Is what i've sold sets like that depending on condition.
I will clean them up and put a new edge on the carver.

There are lots of sets like those here in the US and most people don't have the big roast, Ham, turkey dinners, but maybe a couple of times a year anymore.

There is some interest $$ in the sets in excellent condition but most have been used since the 50s 60's & 70's.
Just curious. I found it at my old man's place and was wondering if anyone knew anything about it. Quality etc. Since I posted it I have been googling it and found some interesting info.

I am thinking about cleaning it up, it been in the family for years.

Back