Get those Files and cutters reconditioned

rhinoknives

I belong to Cal Knives and in our monthly newsletter there is a cool article by Sam Silva.
For all of you guys that have quality hand files. Heres a place to get them reconditioned.
Here is a clip from the newsletter. I have some Carbide drill bits that I will send off to them soon to get professionally sharpened by them.
www.boggstool.com Check out their site.
Sharpening services include

liquid honing process.

www.boggstool.com

abrasive blast
sharpest edge

rasps, hand files,

burrs, drill bits, counterbores, keycutters, spot

facers, countersinks, reamers, milling cutters, end

mills, roughing mills, taps, shellmills and others and

may feature the advantages of our

to sharpen files and other

small tooth tools as seen in

American

Machinist, Anvil's Ring

and many other industry

publications. Using steam, we relief-grind with

abrasive blasting, taking material from the back

edge of the tool to reform and sharpen the

edge.

It didn't clip & paste that well but you can see the vast amount of tools they can recondition.
I have never used these folks myself and don't know them. I just wanted to pass on what sounds like an excellent service for hard to sharpen Items. I didn't even know that you could resharpen files.

Last edited:
Thanks Laurence, I had stumbled across them before but couldn't find them again. I have them bookmarked now. They offer to sharpen one file for free for new customers. One of my favorite Bastards is not cutting like it used to so I'm gonna send it to them to see what they can do with it. The prices are very reasonable so you could buy good used American made files and have them sharpened. Good quality files are getting harder and harder to find so sending them off for re-sharpening will be a good option.

Back