Tutorial for a bowie

This was a PERFECT tutorial. Thank you very much for sharing! I like that you solder the guard on - not enough people are doing that, anymore.

If I may ask, would it be possible to see a photo of the small wheel attachment/platen you are using on your grinder to sand the blade? That looks like a smart modification.

Thanks again - beautiful knife! Also, I like your maker's mark.

This was a PERFECT tutorial. Thank you very much for sharing! I like that you solder the guard on - not enough people are doing that, anymore.

If I may ask, would it be possible to see a photo of the small wheel attachment/platen you are using on your grinder to sand the blade? That looks like a smart modification.

Thanks again - beautiful knife! Also, I like your maker's mark.

I am left with a small wheel bought in a shop for knifemaker in Us

20141024_173632.jpg

20141024_173652.jpg20141024_173708.jpg
20141024_173728.jpg
20141024_173741.jpg

Hi Jim, wy don't you make one by yourself?
just basic tools and materials, it took me 20 minutes to make one...it is so simple!!

I was admiring that little scribe, didnt even think of making it myself...doh, which is kinda funny since I made my own 2x72 grinder :)

thank you for putting all of these up for us to see. It was a great thread, even if you didn't write much, the pictures were in my language! Nice to see your techniques, and you made a beautiful knife.

thanks again,
kc

Excellent tutorial! I am hoping to delve into bowies in the future. This thread will be very helpful.

Back