Paid membership

We have it some what automated by going here: http://knifedogs.com/payments.php

Paid membership is not required here. Everyone gets to sell 6 items a year here with a non-paid membership.
Custom knives made by a maker and sold here do not have a limit per year and do not require a paid membership.

If you are selling more than 6 items per year other wise, you need to help carry the expenses load a little with a paid membership which is the lowest cost in the forums.

If we don't charge for selling, we will be slammed with sellers hawking anything and everything.

We have it some what automated by going here: http://knifedogs.com/payments.php

Paid membership is not required here. Everyone gets to sell 6 items a year here with a non-paid membership.
Custom knives made by a maker and sold here do not have a limit per year and do not require a paid membership.

If you are selling more than 6 items per year other wise, you need to help carry the expenses load a little with a paid membership which is the lowest cost in the forums.

If we don't charge for selling, we will be slammed with sellers hawking anything and everything.

Thank you Tracy,
I just paid for a Knifemakers membership. Do I need to do anything else before listing stuff for sale?

Nope. List away .
and thanks for helping support the forum...

Custom knives made by a maker and sold here do not have a limit per year and do not require a paid membership

Tracy, you mean that a person like myself can sell all the custom knives I make per year with no limit - and NO paid membership? That's waaaay beyond fair. I felt the 6 items per year, which I figured were knives, but I understand can be anything, sheaths, etc. But, only for knives I make - no limit? Just wish to make sure I understand. I'm retired and don't really wish to sell too many knives per year - that would get to be "work"!!! I'm retired and just "piddle" with knife making. It sure is fun.

Ken H>

correct.
A custom maker can sell as many of their own custom knives here as they want. We aren't out to make a fortune here. We are here to support custom makers and custom collectors. Occasionally a custom maker has some wood or damascus or other stuff they want to sell. This same guy can sell up to 6 items a year with out a paid membership. After that, it's really something a bit different and then a paid membership is required.

People/dealers/companies that are looking to sell here as a business, they need to help carry the load with a paid membership. Business is business.

Keep in mind our memberships are pretty darn cheap.

A paid membership here has some additional perks like title and increased messages, no in line banner ads, etc.

Tracy, you mean that a person like myself can sell all the custom knives I make per year with no limit - and NO paid membership? That's waaaay beyond fair. I felt the 6 items per year, which I figured were knives, but I understand can be anything, sheaths, etc. But, only for knives I make - no limit? Just wish to make sure I understand. I'm retired and don't really wish to sell too many knives per year - that would get to be "work"!!! I'm retired and just "piddle" with knife making. It sure is fun.

Ken H>

Tracy - you are more than fair - as we've all known. Thank you for clearing up the situation.

Ken H>

I just tried a few times to subscribe as a knifemaker and got this message when I was being led to authorize.net:
[h=3]"The following errors have occurred.[/h](13) The merchant login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive."

Then I went thru the USA Knifemakers website and checkout- everything worked fine that way. Just wanted to let you know you might have a glitch there (but could be I was doing something wrong).
But thanks a ton for all you guys do.
Bill

Back