Prayers for my great nephew

C Craft

I just found out this evening my great nephew who lives in Nebraska, left home for high school this morning. It was foggy and he pulled out onto the road he was struck by an 18 wheeler, he failed to see in the thick fog. I don't know a lot of details at this point as to the extent of his injuries I do know the femur in his left leg, was broken at the top and bottom and crushed in the middle. They stabilized him at the nearest hospital and then transferred to a larger facility to do surgery. I know he has other injuries but at this time I am not sure what they are or how bad they are! Please say a prayer for this young man and his family. I can't imagine what his father who has raised his two boys most of their lives by himself, must be going thru right now.
Myself as a father this just tears at my heart when young ones with their whole lives ahead of them get hurt! It will be sometime before I get more details, so all I can do is pray for him!

Well anyone who doesn't believe in the power of prayer, then you need to hear this story. The 18 wheeler that hit my great nephew in the fog yesterday morning, struck him in the drivers door, and literally peeled open the cab of his pickup truck. After picking glass out of my great nephew yesterday and trying to figure out if all the cuts and bruises were more than that. They determined that his left leg was indeed broke at the top of the femur and broken at the bottom of the femur and just above the knee it was shattered. My niece used the term (like cornflakes). However the knee is intact and still useable. After surgery to pin the bones back together and placing a rod inside the femur for the shattered area to heal back. The prognosis is that he will walk again. How well the leg functions is yet to be seen and whether there will be future surgeries remains to be seen! His only other injury other than many cuts and bruises was a broken collarbone! God indeed smiled on this young man, as my niece said the pickup truck he was driving was totally unrecognizable as a truck, except that some of the bed was still intact. He will have a long recovery ahead of him and I am sure a few continued prayers for him and his family would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all for the good thoughts and prayers for him. Cliff

Wow, what a difference a day makes, we prayed and you sound much better today, good deal!! He is young and strong, he'll pull through.

How true Wayne last night they were still trying to access all of the injures and it sounded like it was worse than it turned out to be. My niece told me they had very to little to cut away from the truck to get him out as most of the cab had already been ripped from the frame. He was just sitting there trapped in the sheet metal crushed around him. He was a very lucky young man. He will have a lot of recovery time but just to live from something like that is a miracle but that his injuries were no worse than they were is a true miracle. Don't get me wrong that leg will never be the same but the fact that they feel he will be able to use is quite a miracle in itself! Last night at one point they had doubts about the extent of the damage and would they have to remove it! God does indeed move in mysterious and wonderful ways!!

Sorry I haven't updated this but my great nephew got to go home yesterday. They have him on some heavy pain meds but, for now the doctors thought he would do better recouping at home. Some might say this was one lucky young man, I prefer to say God smiled on him and said, "not yet, my son, its not your time"!

Thanks too all of you on the forum!

Back