Who Woulda Thunk It?

murphda2

Super Moderator and KD Blade Show Boss
It's snowing in Southern Mississippi.

I walked out to the vehicle a few minutes ago to get something and imagine my surprise when I seen that it was covered in snow. The weather man has been predicting snow all week, but then changed the prediction this morning. I really didn't believe that it would snow due to the fact that the temperatures have been in the 40s and 50s all week. Now I'm wondering how long this stuff will stick around.......I'm guessing it will be gone by noon.

Send some of it up this way!!!

We finally got a little dusting, not much though.... this is a bad year.
I should be out ice fishing but there is no ice.

We woke up to another example of God's beauty, too, Murph. A couple of inches of rabbit tracking snow that stuck everywhere but on the roads. This, too, will be gone soon but it sure is pretty now.

Well it is colder than a well digger *ss here. Been it the teens for the last two nights. I don't mind cold if there is snow. But no snow and cold suck.

Yep snow here too. The part that sucks is Im on call at work this weekend so the means Ill have to move about 15,000 ft of pipe. Not that hard when it is nice and dry, but try to imagine steel pipe on steel forks both with snow on them. Anyone feel sorry for me?:( Nope didnt think so. ;)

I wish it would snow here, but even the biggest snow storm we had here we only had snow on the ground for a week and every idiot in the state thought thier 4x4 could handle it, even if they didn't know what they were doing. I grew up in Northern WI. and I remember getting 3 feet of snow on Halloween. They would die here. Cabin fever would kill them.

I wish it would snow here, but even the biggest snow storm we had here we only had snow on the ground for a week and every idiot in the state thought thier 4x4 could handle it, even if they didn't know what they were doing. I grew up in Northern WI. and I remember getting 3 feet of snow on Halloween. They would die here. Cabin fever would kill them.

That was a great Halloween............... We were the only ones out.
we havent had snow like that for a long time.

I miss the snow that we used to get in Arkansas when I was a kid. I remember a snow we got in '84 where there were almost 6 foot snow drifts in places.in the last ten years or so we haven't gotten enough snow to make a decent snow man.

We ended up getting about 1-1 1/2" here in Mississippi last night but it thawed pretty quickly. At about 0130 my roommate and I decided we were hungry and headed down to the local Awfull Waffle to grab some grub (no, we hadn't been drinking). By the time we left there a little after 0200, all snow was melted from the roads. There are a few shaded places still left with a light coat this evening, but very few.

Back