AHEG (Awesome Horizontal Edge Grinder) construction and assymbley WIP.

I guess you guys can put me down for a set of plans I will buy a set when they are available. Tracy might be interested

Hi Calvin, Very nice !! I have a question about the work rests, are they fixed in one position ? If so how do you utilize the full width of a 2" belt ?
Thank's
Clint

Hi Calvin, Very nice !! I have a question about the work rests, are they fixed in one position ? If so how do you utilize the full width of a 2" belt ?
Thank's
Clint

Clint,
Thank you for this question. The answer is,yes the tool rests are fixed,you can't use the whole belt,only about the middle two thirds,you can track the belt up and down to use different parts of the belt.

Clint,
Thank you for this question. The answer is,yes the tool rests are fixed,you can't use the whole belt,only about the middle two thirds,you can track the belt up and down to use different parts of the belt.

I bet if you split the belts in half...two 1" belts you would be able to use all of the belt by use of the tracking adjustment.Then no portion of the belt would get wasted....correct?

Yes Clint, you can split the belts and use all of the belt,but the damage you do to the edge of what you are grinding when you run it off the edge of the belt is not worth the little extra use you get out of the belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The publication of plans,specs,directions,photos and video is getting very close.
I will announce it here and post in the for sale section in a few days.

I am gonna have to have some plans also since i am becoming addicted to making slip joints and small neck knives. Should be a good winter project.

Hi Calvin,

So the official colors for the company that you two have founded will be Red & Black, Right?:biggrin:

Do you have any interest in selling these in kit for? All the holes drilled in that RED piece of base board and all parts included ready to bolt up?

Maybe even less the motor & controller so people can put on any 56C TEFC motor and controller they wish? I would have an interest in one of those?

No Laurence, we have no plans to do any more than selling the plans and specs.
We are both independently wealthy and are doing this as a service to the Knifemaking world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very cool!

Though from experience, you'll find it more useful if you make it 3 wheel, instead of 4 wheel!

Seems like a good recommendation unless every wheel is going to be used and every wheel is different.

Sometimes I'll move from the 2" wheel to the 3/4" wheel and even to the fiat platen with out shutting off the machine.
I make my knives one at a time,that's why this machine is better for me than a three wheel horizontal grinder would be.

Back