Gentlemen's slip joint - first build

Kroo

KNIFE MAKER
This design has been on my CAD for months, and I'd cut and profiled it but never got round to building it. It basically sat there, waiting to "talk" to me - I know I wanted to do something kind of special with it but had not found the right material combo yet. Then finally this week I got what I wanted to do, so I built it. While it continues the theme of using modern materials, as I do on the Classic range, this one is a whole new, modern design in it's own right.

Steel is 1/10th 12c27, satin finished, liners are 1/16th black G10, bolsters 1/8 black G10 and scales are 1/8 white C-tek, stainless furniture. Blade is a hair over 3" at 3.1" with a cutting edge just shy of 3" at 2.9". OAL open is 7.2" so it has a nice long handle. Weight is 1.83 ounces (52 grams).

Some pics:

kD-L8AvCcMf198wD4Jn2ZZSCdhpTzIe0PLMhJL5qNkE=w295-h221-p-no
boxDnUgCL29j0uOVng3xGX0l3FQlM3lEe1WMtOAUNp0=w295-h221-p-no
iCOp5wRibigsX585Y_5caZnQxconmz6AFx_qd-PygkI=w295-h221-p-no

First build? That's a hard one to believe.
Nice job regardless. Where does somebody find the white c-tec material? does it come in black?

:D:D Bruce - I should be more clear - with "first build" I mean first build of that particular design :D:D My first build on a folder was waaaaaay different to this, that much I can tell you :D
The C-tek is available at some of the knife supply places in the US, or from the manufacturer and it comes in just about any color you want. I am not too sure of the rules on marketing/sales here so I will drop you a PM with details.

Willem,
I thought so. This knife is too nice to be the first build. Wow, good work.
I'll look for this handle material in the states. It looks great and adds value to your knife I'm sure

Back