Guard: 440c Stainless
OAL 8 1/4”
Blade Length 3 1/8”
Blade Width 1 1/16’”
Stainless pins
Desert Ironw9
Thickness at the tang 1/8”
Time of fabrication – 10.5 hours

I would really appreciate some comments that will help me improve my design and my finish, thanks

Wallace

IMG_0923.jpgIMG_0921.jpg

My last 2

IMG_0922.jpgIMG_0908.jpg

Nice knife, Wallace. I've made about 50 that are very similar in the blade - a little less bulky in the handle. They make great little utility knives. I use O1 with a variety of handle materials - a lot of maple - but usually don't do bolsters. I can turn 'em out in bunches and pretty much give them away to my friends. Your knives look like real heirloom users.

Dick.

Dick,

Thanks for those comments. I appreciate your perspective. I never thought about it, really, but as I am learning I try and push myself with every new project. I'm not really trying to produce heirlooms but I am trying to achieve my highest form of design and fit & finish in every knife I complete. Thank you so much for your comments.

Wallace

Real nice Wallace, I'm new to knife making so my thoughts aren't from a seasoned veteran but I like what you've done so far. By the looks of it you would have good control of the blade if you were cutting up a deer or the like. I'm also new to the knife dogs forum, so any advice from anybody is helpful. When I get some time, I will post some of my work

Back