pocket clips

Freds Edge

I'm looking for input on pocket clips , do most think they are necessary ,do most people use them or just put the knife in their pocket ,etc. hoping to get some thoughts.

I use them for as much other stuff like keys, cell phone, change I have in my pocket I like having the knife easy access with a clip.

From what I have read recently, they are very popular for "working" folders, and the choice is to place the clip so it positions the tip of the blade up. Frank

I rarely carry a folder with a clip but I remember losing one because the clip hooked something and popped the knife right out. If I were to make another one It would ride as low as possible.

Last edited:
Thanks guy's for the input , I like to carry in my pocket as I have nearly lost a few that the clip has snagged on something or another . I think I will only put clips on when asked.

I've lost knives both ways: from the clip snagging something, to a clipless knife just sliding right out as I was sitting down somewhere.
Personally though, I prefer a clipped knife MOST of the time. If I'm feeling a bit "old fashioned", I like slipping a slipjoint into the pocket.

Back