Blackwood Delta Combat

Ausbrooks

KNIFE MAKER
I've got about a dozen of these blanks sitting around and wanted to finish one to see what it would look like. Not the most comfortable grip but compact and fast handling. Copied the Colt delta insignia using NS, SS tube and red epoxy thru handle.
D2 RC 68 (came out hard) cryo'd 3/16", 13" OA and 6" sharp, SS pins/bolsters. my sheath made from some chrome tanned on hand. All comments welcome- Paul.

Thanks a lot Wade, Mike, and Smallshop!!

Mike no typo- 68RC is what it checks with the Ames hand held, and my 62rc test block shows dead on- I have not seen D2 get this hard- I did some
D7 that did a while back but it's supposed to at mid austentize range.
Update- I checked my tester on the 62RC test block again and it was off about 5 points high. So the actual hardness of this knife is about 63RC. I have never had my tester drift off like this but is good lesson to check it more often.

Last edited:
That one catches your eye right away...shape is intriguing, the pin is the right touch, and you could burn your eyes on that shine! Great job brother!

Thanks a lot for those nice word Eric- it was a fun build and I have some variations in works- might be good design after all.

Back