Discovery Channel show needs knife collector

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiscoveryShowAP

Hi everybody.

I'm working on a new Discovery Channel series about a guy who builds giant swords. We need an avid and interesting knife-collector who can "play" the part of the customer for a pocket knife-inspired build. We just need to shoot a conversation between you and the man building the sword over Skype. You'd need:

• Webcam
  • Willingness to be on camera
  • Sign an appearance release

"Filming" would take place next week (week of 7/28) and would only require an hour or two of your time. The episode airs on the Discovery Channel on December 30th of this year. There is no pay but I suppose bragging rights might be worth something.

If you're interested, please e-mail me a couple photos of yourself and your knife collection, your availability next week, and contact information (phone, e-mail, etc.).

My e-mail is kwarnecke (at) thinkfactorymedia.com

Thanks very much!

A more lenient interpretation would be they are looking for a knowledgeable knife collector to act out a part. :)

Absolutely. I would greatly appreciate all the leniency you can afford :) The swordmaker is very real, the sword is very real and we simply want our customer to be as real as possible given the structure of our show and schedule.

I live in Alaska and can't stand your showed,it's all faked drama ! Pure bull !

He's got a point.

All the Alaska shows exist because of the tax credits, not because of the show quality.

I'm not sure who would volunteer for such a thing knowing what it's bound to turn into.

"giant swords" with giant hype potential

I'd much rather see you cover Kevin Cashen who builds accurate, usable repros of historical pieces.
I'd much rather see what kind of thought and skill goes into real swords.

Remember that Todd Begg knifemaker show - It was just a copy of the Choppers BS

Can't the maker scare up one of his own customers ?

Brovo Brovo Count ! QUOTE=12345678910;296891]He's got a point
All the Alaska shows exist because of the tax credits, not because of the show quality.

I'm not sure who would volunteer for such a thing knowing what it's bound to turn into.

"giant swords" with giant hype potential

I'd much rather see you cover Kevin Cashen who builds accurate, usable repros of historical pieces.
I'd much rather see what kind of thought and skill goes into real swords.

Remember that Todd Begg knifemaker show - It was just a copy of the Choppers BS

Can't the maker scare up one of his own customers ?[/QUOTE]

This didn't go right did it?

To posters in this thread: If you want to take someone to task for something you disagree with or just don't like, do it directly in email or PM or somewhere else. We aren't in the business of calling someone out here. I am locking this thread.

I would suggest the original poster for Discovery channel be a bit more upfront about who they are representing and how they present their request. It is understood that reality TV is largely staged but presented with the intention of representing what is typical or could be typical in a day. I'm not sure that applies to Duck Dynasty but there you go.

The knife making community in general values honesty and integrity. The wording of your search for a collector could have been presented .....better judging from the reaction here.

You are welcome to post again what you are looking for but definitely with a .....better choice of words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back