Prayer request for my wife

C Craft

First let me say I believe in the power of prayer!

My wife will be going in on Monday for surgery to open her right side carotid artery. They have been monitoring her carotid arteries for the past couple of years when they first discovered hers were partially blocked. She uses the same cardiologist I have used for years and he once told me that this was a fine line. They do not like to operate unless the blockage is at least 50-60% blocked as the danger is too great, and if the blockage gets over 70% they won't operate as the danger is also too great.

She went in recently for a scan on her carotid artery, which is basically a test to see how bad the blockage is and that information will act as a road map to the surgery later if needed. That scan showed she had a 70% blockage and possibly according to the pathologist a 75% blockage. At her pre-op for the surgery, Thursday they told her all the %'s of the odds on death, stroke, and possible paralysis, as well as any other complications that might arise from the surgery.

She had it in her head that it would be a small incision, however they informed her it would be approximately a six inch incision! Of course she is not happy about that! She is trying to put on a brave face but, I can tell she is very worried. I can't say I am not worried as well. Even though this kind of surgery has become much more common place it is still major surgery!

She has been there for me thru thick and thin all these years, and deserves much better than our lives have been the past few years. She was stricken with a disease that has done spinal damage and she suffers from nerve pain and is unable to have the kind of life she had before all this. It seems sometimes she can't catch a break. We have know each other now about 39 years and we have been married 37 of those years, and this is just one more of those things that comes around in what we call life! They have told her that there will be a six to eight week recovery for her after surgery! I know after I had my quadruple bypass there were days when I wasn't sure if I could make it back to something like a normal life and I worry she won't want to push herself after surgery!

It would mean so much to my wife and to myself, if you could just find a minute to say a prayer for her!

Prayers for her and for you and the family. Also asked God to guide the doctors and give them wisdom and knowledge..

Thankful for the power of prayer and already thanking him for hearing and answering this and all of these prayers for your Mrs.

Lord we Lift up our sister before you so she may received Your healing as promised in your word
we know this will be so as it is in Your Word
we also lift up all those treating her and ask that You grant then steady hands and knowledge so they may do their best for Your servant
we ask all this in our Saviours Name
Christ Jesus
Amen

Will do ,what's your wife's first name ? I will start praying for her and there will be a bunch of tuff oil field workers praying for her come Sunday service.

I will for sure. May God grant you both his peace through this trial, and guide the hands of the surgeon.

James 5:16
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

(Don't think i'm calling myself righteous but I think these other guys are)

Thank you from my heart guys. My wife's name is Kathy, and she has been my rock for a long time. I will be glad when they walk out and say she is doing well, the real relaxer will be a few hours after surgery as that is the time that any clots they may have missed might break loose once that passes then it will be all about recovery! As for the doc's and the staff I have already been praying for all of them to have the best day they have had when they do her surgery! Thanks guys its good to know youall have my back!

A real quick note they called this morning just before 8:00 AM and cancelled Kathy's surgery scheduled for today. Her blood work came back from Thursday's Pre-op that she had an infection. So she will have to be on antibiotics for a week before the surgery! They have re-scheduled her surgery for early next Monday.
I guess we have go thru all the dreading for another week. Plus we have to re-schedule everyone else's schedule for next week. I guess the only good thing about it is they caught it before surgery and not after! So all the prayers and good thoughts have succeeded in keeping her from going into surgery with an infection! Please continue the good thoughts and prayers for her!

Cliff

Cliff....during church our pastor prays along with the congregation for special needs. I asked them to pray for Kathy on Sunday and will ask again this next Sunday. I'm glad they caught the infection!

Ted

C,
God's Speed! For Kathy in healing this infection and having a successful surgery and recovery!

Laurence & Ceci.

Well here we go again, I have been trying to stay busy this weekend and it has been a very busy one! Didn't leave me a lot of time to dread this upcoming surgery. Funny though as busy as it was I found my mind going there every second I wasn't busy!

Kathy has to go in at 7:30 AM to have blood work drawn, to check and make sure the infection she had last week is under control. If that is all OK the surgery will proceed at 10:30 AM. She will go to Intensive Care after the surgery, they will monitor her for any complications for at least 12hrs., after that the risk of a residual clot breaking loose should be past! If everything goes OK they should release her sometime Tue.

Once again please say a prayer for her the Dr. and all staff working on her! I will be so glad when all this is over! Thank everyone for their kind thoughts and prayers for my wife! I will let everyone know how things are going when I get a chance to get back to the PC. You don't know how much this all means for myself and my wife. She saw the forum the other day and said they seem like a good bunch. I said they are!!!

Back