Couple more zebra skinners

Justin Presson

Ok maybe zebra skinners is not the right thing to call them but I reckon you could skin a zebra with them just fine::cool:
I know i have posted a couple of these but thought I'd share some more. I have some different knives coming up i promise. These are for a good buddy of mine who got one for himself and one for his dad as a birthday gift.
They are 80crv2 HT done by Darrin Sanders, nickel silver pins and zebrawood finished with truoil.
Only snapped a quick pick this morning before he picked them up. I think I'm gonna pick me up a HF Porta bandsaw with some of the cash from them.
Thanks for looking
Justin
myqezesa.jpg

Justin,
They look fine!
Doesn't it feel great to have a design that people are buying! Not being critical but it looks like you scorched the wood a little on the pins on number 2. Taking your time and using sharp belts will help avoid this.

Great little skinner or EDC.

Thanks Laurence. Is that what happened? I thought I got the holes wallered out or something. I did square everything up with the belt sander then used shoe shine method for shaping the handle. Thanks for the heads up.

Justin,
From what I can see in the pic that's my thinking. Those pins can get very hot really quick and burn or discolor the lighter woods noticeably.

Thanks Wade.

Laurence forgot to say on last reply it does feel good to have a design people want. What feels even better is making something useful from hand and productive. For awhile now I have had a drive to do something creative and felt I had the skill set to do something like this but didn't know what. Now that I have found the craft of knifemaking I feel like I'm finally filling that void if that makes sense.

Back