Mallee Fighter

Ausbrooks

KNIFE MAKER
Here is a big fighter that experimented with differential HT and oil quench with D2 and big surprise, no hamon. Oh well had to try as some have done it but may try again. Steel came from a bucket of rusty blanks I got from another maker who left out in yard for 20 years and I just had to save them and this is first.
D2, .287 at ricasso, 11" oa, 6" sharp, AL damascus bolsters, Mallee burl scales, bronze and stag spacers, copper corby, stag bead, ss tube. My sheath w. deer liner, 'cow-gator' inset. Thanks for lookin' and all input, critique, etc appreciated.

Your grinding is beautiful and that makes for a fantastic looking knife. NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sheath is awesome too.

Wade

That is a very nice knife and sheath. The design was well thought out and the execution is super. Very well done - good job.

BTW: What does it weigh? That is a big knife. Mick Dundy just called in and said "Now, that's a knife!"

DeMo

Thanks DeMo- yea it's on heavy side- it weighs exactly one pound. The handle is hollow and with the swedge it handles pretty well though.

I love the lines of this knife. and the vine work in the tang is sweet !!!! Outstanding !!!!

Mapper

Thanks a lot for the nice comments Mapper, arock, and stabber!
Stabber yea with D2 I have to use fine belt compounds and not over buff to avoid the orange-peel pitting.

Back