440c & kirinite

Matt,
While you executed the knife & handle very nicely I find myself wondering exactly what you designed the blade for?

It looks like a good utility slicer for the kitchen or camp cook? Did you have a hunter in mind?

Just curious?

Good eye Laurence.:35: My intention was to make a hunting knife that could stick a hog or skin a buck but ended up grinding the handle a bit small and the tip too thin. I didn't just make it a smaller knife because I wanted to see what would happen and maybe learn something as this steel is new to me. I also wanted to provide an example of a larger knife style, Kirinite, file work and kydex on my Facebook page. I guess it could be a nice knife for a chef, he could cook all evening with it and then pack it out back when he has to dump the trash in the alley.:rolleyes:

Matt,
That is what i refer to as a D.M., Design modification! Some of my best patterns came out of those.

" I was goin fer this great big Bowie knife but on second thought, I ground it into a Caper." LOL

Don't get me wrong, I like the knife, Keep at it, like our M.S. Ed Caffrey say's, knife making is about the journey!

Back