Homemade belt grinder

sparrow

I finished this few days ago. It took pretty long to make but it's finally done :5:. 1,75 HP treadmill motor with variable speed control.

Thanks for watching
Vladimir
Woof!

Thank you

@Don Robinson.. :biggrin: The roof was the only place where i could shoot it properly. My shop is miniature

That is slick!!! On the pivot part to switch to horizontal - does the square tube extend thru the round clamping pivot? OR - do you have a round section of pipe welded for the pivot portion?

Ken

Thank you

@KenH, It's square inside. I wanted to put round tube beneath the clamp, but could not find the matching diameters.. this is very low cost build, so I worked with materials that where available to me at the time. That said, the connection is rock solid, there is no way that I can turn the machine once the screw is tightened.

Here is a short and crappy video of the machine running

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_6Ozr1tCIA

OK, just now getting back to forum, now I see how you did the clamping action with square tubing. Good idea. I'm a cheapskate myself (told to me many times by teenage daughters and ex-wife). You did GOOD!!!

Ken H>

"The proof is in the pudding", so to speak, so have to ask how is the performance! Cause I like the design!

Well I hope that I am not being to negative but this thread is 3 years old. And it looks like the OP hasn't been active in 2 years. So... I would be surprised if he responds.

That is a super looking machine and I don't mean because it's painted yellow. I'm sure it will work terrific for you for flat grinding. There can be a big draw back if you can't mount a 8"+ wheel on there.
Frank

Back