Hello from "Lando"

Hi I'm Tom Peterson, aka Tom in Orlando. I have been making knives a little over a year. I joined this forum awhile back but have not posted anything until very recentlly. I have been impressed by the wealth of knowledge amonst the members and by the willingness of others to share that knowledge. I would welcome anyone in the Orlando area that was willing to get in touch and share what they know. I'm already an old fart at 52 and if I have to keep learning by making my own mistakes I will still be a novice when they plant me! I started out doing kit knives, blanks and have moved into stock removal but I'd love to learn to forge my own knives, try my hand at forging damascus and keep learning all aspects of knife making. I have done my own sheaths. I've become addicted to this pursuit of dust and spend most nights and weekends in my garage trying to get better. Scot and Jason down at the Randall shop are pretty tired of my questions so I'd appreciate any help from you all that I can get! I'm still a novice but will be happy to contribute when I can. I won't post any pictures of my shop because it is pretty modest.

Thanks,
Tom

Modest who cares. You don't need much to make a knife. We all started with less, that's the fun part. Everyone here will help you grow. Post and ask your questions.

Welcome from Hialeah, FL!

Hi Tom,

Nice introduction. This really is a goldmine of knowledge and talent. I just joined recently and find myself here 1st thing with my first cuppa coffee and then again in the evenings.

Ted

Back