Devin Thomas Damascus Petty Culinary Knife

rhinoknives

Here is one I just finished.
3/32" Stainless Raindrop pattern with stabilized Black Palm wood scales and red liners with S/S Loveless bolts.

Its 10" OAL with a 5 3/4" blade, its 0.035" at the heel edge and distal tapers to 0.016" at the edge tip.

I had Devin weld to 6" pieces of 440C on each end of the 3/32" AEB-L & 304 billet so I could get to small knives out of it. The other one is sold.DSCN2150.jpg DSCN2155.jpg

When I do a damascus knife I love the beauty of it and think that my logo interrupts it, so I put my www.rhinoknives.com in block on the spine. DSCN2156.jpgYou can see the balance point.
DSCN2157.jpg
Comments are welcome!

Last edited:
Looks good Laurence. I was checking out Devin's patterns last night, he does beautiful work.

Nice work Laurence. Devin's steel is the best as far as I'm concerned. I didn't know he could or would weld on some monosteel for the tang. I'll have to remember that. Thanks for the tip.

Thanks guys,

I really like Devin's Stainless Damascus. it grinds so nice and is clean stuff! Haven't see a inclusion in any billet I have purchased. Having the 440C welded on to one or both ends really lets you stretch the use of the Damascus and keeps the cost down for the customer.

You can see the weld line in the ricassio area of the knife and the 440C etched a nice patina from the ferric Chloride that I used. I really like that contrast of the weld line along with the beautiful raindrop pattern of the Damascus.

Back