One Special knife with Special Meaning

Mikey really appreciates all of the nice things that you guys are saying. It really means a lot to him . He said that he'd like to make a sheath for it and until he passes that knife over to Al's dad , he won't feel complete.. He said that Al's dad is a heck of a hunter and shot many turkeys in his day, but for the last year or so , he hasn't been feeling up to going hunting. Al has heen hoping and praying that his dad will feel strong enough this season to go on a turkey hunt with him and he wants Mikey to be there with him. They want to present the knife to dad on that day. I'm hoping that these boys get their wish.

Man always late to the party, Mikey and son that rocks thats one heck of a knife i sure would be proud to own it great job
two thumbs up to the both of you. some things are just worth more then money and i think you 2 just proved it!!!

Yea, me too late too the party! Mikey I must say as I read this story and what this knife will mean to the man getting it I got kind of choked up. I just lost a great friend to Cancer. He was a Vietnam vet and it really hit me hard when I found out he had passed!

Your son is a keeper, be proud and don't give a damn how many times you have to say it! The kid is something to be proud of. Hell I am proud of him and he don't even know me. Children need to know that someone is proud of them and when its Mom and Dad, well it just means that much more to them!

Now on to the knife, it is a fine piece of work and your son has an eye for details! Congrats to the both of you! Your son has a lot to be proud of, with the knife and the inner spirit he has shown with the build !!!!!

Can't really say anything new everyone has said it all you two have huge hearts, and great skills thanks for sharing it was an awesome work in progress post to follow. This world needs more people like you guys!

That's awesome,take it from me my brother was killed in front of me when we were boys and nothing will ever change that nothing will ever replace him.But doing something like this lets you know that someone cares about you.God Bless You.

Franklin, c craft and arock.. I know I keep saying it but my so humbled and great full for these comments.. I honestly know Mikey made something true from the heart. It was a great experience for the both of us, but I'm blown away with how you all are taking this in.. It really is nice to see the hearts in your words.. Knifedogs is such a great family ! I'm proud to be a part of it. Thank you!

That's awesome,take it from me my brother was killed in front of me when we were boys and nothing will ever change that nothing will ever replace him.But doing something like this lets you know that someone cares about you.God Bless You.

Akwildman, I can't even imagine what you must have went through. I don't even know what to say. But thank you and thank you for caring.

Just read this and all I can say is WOW! Truly inspirational story, beautiful knife & a wonderful young man. This story should be on their whitetail show. Thanks for sharing. I have to go wipe tears from my eyes...
Cathy

Just read this and all I can say is WOW! Truly inspirational story, beautiful knife & a wonderful young man. This story should be on their whitetail show. Thanks for sharing. I have to go wipe tears from my eyes...
Cathy

Thank you Cathy. It's funny you say that. Al asked his dad if he would be up for a turkey hunt next may and he said god willing , yes.. They boys want to film the hunt and that's when Mikey wants to give him the knife..

Well guys, It looks like it all came together this weekend for my son , Al and his dad..
The plan was to give this knife to Al's dad on a turkey hunt and hopefully over a turkey. I guess it was just meant to be.
Over the last few weeks Al was getting a little nervous because he couldn't find any turkey in the area, no gobbles. He knocked on every door and asked all the neighbors in the area and no one had any birds on their property. He prayed every night and went to church to ask God to help him out on this one . This was a really important part of his life that he wanted to accomplish and besides that they were getting tell close to opening day.
Coming down to the wire a day before season , Al runs into a good friend John . He told John the story about wanting to find a bird for his dad and hopefully get one and present the knife to him over the bird. When John heard the story , he opted to let him hunt on his property. He found a few gobblers and didnt hunt them for 3 days . He waited for the boys and Als dad to try and get him ..
Yesterday on May 4th , the dreams were answered. Als dad was able to harvest a beautiful Long beard turkey . Mikey was able to catch the whole hunt on video.
Just as the sun was breaking over the mountains , the boys had a little interview with Kurt (dad) over the bird as the sun was in the background coming up behind them. Their wre some real emotional words going on there and during the filming, Mikey walks out from behind the camera and gets in the same frame and says some beautiful words about courage and inspiration and hands over the knife to Als dad. It was beautiful . Very emotional and touching.
The boys got the the whole thing on video . Its an act that will never be forgotten and can be looked at for years and years to come. Als dad made a note that this knife was a very very special gift and said when he passes on , he would like to pass the knife down to Aland Al pass it down the line to his kids forever and ever..
Well done Mikey and Al , Im one very proud and happy dad!
I will post the video when its done.

Just a few words for Mr Kurt .. You truely are one heck of an inspiration and God Bless You !!! Your actions of "Never out of the fight " will be cherished for many years to come !

Screenshot_2014-05-05-06-19-45_zpsfa34dd56.png
[/URL]

Screenshot_2014-05-05-06-19-56_zps1acd0e78.png
[/URL]

Last edited:
Back