Judging for Blade Show ?

Gahagan

Ok. I have a question that I thought someone could answer. I have two knives i am working on that I am thinking of presenting for judging at the Blade show this year. My question is what are the rules, when and where do they need to be presented, and if I am not available the first day (I have a school graduation and being the principal I can’t miss) will they be accepted if presented by my wife? I have never done this as I am very critical of my knives and have never felt them quality enough to do so but I figure on these I have may give it a chance. Any information would be appreciated.

Are you a member of the American Bladesmith Society? And have you been a member for at least 3 years? Or two years and taken the ABS bladesmithing class? Have you completed a performance test with an ABS mastersmith?

These are all things that must be accomplished before you can submit knives to the judging panel at Blade. And you must submit 5 knives.

Unless of course, you are talking about entering knives in any of the "Best Of" categories, i.e. Bowie, Fighter, Hunter, Bird and trout, Damasucs Etc...

Then I think it's open to any table holders but I'm pretty sure you must be a table holder to submit knives for any award categories.

Not sure about if you must be present or if they would accept them from your wife. I believe the knives for award categories must be submitted on Friday, not sure about the time.

It would probably be best to get this information straight from the horses mouth,check with the Blade show personel.

I just saw your work on your website. You don't need Blade's approval. I've never seen anything better! :yes::1971_dancing_dog::clap::s11798:

I am talking about Best of categories. I do have a table t the show. I am shooting for my JS judging in San Antonio since I don’t think I will have my 5 knives available by the Blade show.

Back