Damasteel and black pearl

Calvin Robinson

Moderator Christian Forum
I finished this late yesterday,quickly snapped this crappy picture then rushed off to the woods for the opening of turkey season today. I showed it to a doctor a few minutes ago and he snapped it up. It's a good thing I've already started in another one,I'm trying
to get ready for the Blade show.
The doctor liked this thin,small,beautiful knife with one blade. I told him I was going to get it engraved but he wanted it now.
This blade is only .055" thick,I used two .010" washers for anti scratch relief and so the spring is only .075" thick. This is my first attempt at using damasteel and I realy like it,I used ferric chloride to etch it but will use sulfuric acid on the next one to try and get that classic damasteel look.
This knife challenged me all the way,if it weren't for the grace of God it would not have gotten finished. Thank you Lord!
Y'all enjoy!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 68
Nice one, Calvin. Where'd you get the MOP? I can't afford to buy it.

Don,
I bought it either at the Blade show or the Guild show,I can't remember who from.
Your right,it's expensive,that is one reason it makes me nervous to pien those pins,gotta pien it enough but not too much or it will crack. I think I'll make a few more with other handle material to relax a bit before using some more pearl.

Back