OKCA 2014 knives {Whatcha bringin}

I just finished up this little belt knife with nice, dark ebony scales that should be on my table as well.

I'll be on the back wall Raymond. Just in case you want to sneak in the back way for the fun of it.
Cool Hawk,......any daggers?

Mark, I may need to sneak out this time. I do have a couple forge finished dags. Not as fancy as the one you have. If I can remember where I got the photo's I'll post them later.

My grinder is finally running after 9 months. Really struggling with motivation and desire.

Cowboy Bowie

Here's what I'm bringing. It's a pre engraving example picture, but you get the idea.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 18
I am getting started on what hopefully be my Bowie entry for the show. I am a using a stellar piece of natural stag for this one.

All clayed up and ready to go!

Getting the handle parts cut and together.

ben, i've really enjoyed watching your progress on this thread over the past couple of weeks, and on instagram as well. looking forward to seeing some of these in person in eugene. isn't OKCA having a sort of bowie theme this year? maybe i'll try to make one myself...

Thanks guys!
Better get on that bowie Jake!

Making more progress on the big bowie, this is my first time trying a clam shell.

Thanks Scott!

Thanks guys!

Got some more work done on the fittings today.

This is the backside of the pommel. I weld a small "stub tang" on it to hold it in place. I think it gives it a nice clean look.

Just wrapped up the show! I sold a few knives, got to chat with some old and new friends and had a great time.
I didn't buy much, but what I did was pretty good. :cool:

Mmmmmm fossil walrus.

I had a great time too Ben. As always your blades rocked and I can see why they are a hit when you get to see them first hand.

Erik

A month before the OKCA Show in the club news letter they were asking table holders to enter one of there special bowies into a special bowie knife display that the show was putting on. I decided to enter one I had made in the fall of 2009. It was an order for a customer. I told the customer if it was not what he wanted not to feel obligated to purchasing it. He told me he just wanted a big bowie knife along the lines of a short sword and that was what I made. Anyway he decided he did not want it so I just kept it. I liked it so much that it stayed in my bowie knife short sword collection ever since except for this past weekend. I had no idea these display knives were being judged until Chuck Richards told me I had a knife that won an award. Here's the knife and the award. Only bad thing is I no longer have my bowie knife short sword collection.

IMG_9113.JPG

IMG_1468.JPG

That was without a doubt the best Bowie on display Ray, and one of my favorites for sure!
Congrats!

Back