Knife blades

Guindesigns

It could just be me not having enough time or work under my belt. ok, lets me be honest it's mostly likey to be that, but i was wondering how did everone learn the names, and shapes top all the different knife blades and what-not out there today, i mean how can u tell the differece in some of them. why is a sheepfoot different than a warnclif, what makes a bowie a bowie n not something else. just thought id ask as im trying to enlarge my knowledge of knives and all their glory.
In advanced I'd like to thank all the dogs willing to share and put there paws in this questions as a student n hopefully one day a master of this art i believe it is important to help n inform younger knifemakers like myself and past on this amazing and beauitful skill and to preserve this talent because a world without knives is a dull,dull world. lol:biggrin::20:

-Brandon/ Young Pup

A sheepsfoot has a taller blade than a Warrny and was used for a downward push cut to shave off the outside of a sheeps hooves.

Google "Knife names and shapes", "Knife Patterns" and a few other questions like that and a ton of links will come up to show you drop point, spear point, modified spear point and a lot more.

I recently posted a very similar question. Google is your friend, but I can only find tid bits here and there. If you find something comprehensive, please share : ) .

Back