Kamisori Scrap Never Give Up

cardoso5fr

A kami Scrap (kamisori mean razor in japanese).
the blade is a niolox scrap without any shape. 6.7mm thick. The scale are ta6v4 , they was a failed about balisong handle. The spacer is a scrap of niolox.

After the first quench, the edge don't hold, second quench, same thing. I honed it more or less 7 time. After the 6° time, i thought that i maybe burned the carbon in the very thin edge during the hardening (i quench around 0.1mm thick edge).

I reshaped the blade for a "smile" and i put away the part i thought to have burned. Honing , leather work. And now that is a great razor :D. All the shave are smooth and efficient :D

The big piece of niolox (hardened too) to the heel give a good balance. The completion is rough, the edge is beadblasted and polished but i keep the back with chromium oxyde. I burned the titanium balisong handle with a propan torch to keep the look :D. And keep some chromium oxyde on the heel to have that rough look.

It's seem to be an medieval "axe" for me :D But it's a razor :D. I worked almost two month on that one.......

DSC00193.jpg

DSC00194.jpg

DSC00195.jpg

DSC00196.jpg

DSC00197.jpg

DSC00198.jpg

DSC00199.jpg

DSC00200.jpg

DSC00201.jpg

DSC00202.jpg

DSC00204.jpg

Thank you guys :D. Yes neo tribal razor could be the generic name of my various test on "scrap" kamisori :D

That's one for when you don't need to shave the entire face, just a touch up! :biggrin:

There is something about that just reaches out and says, "like me", and I do!:punk:

Back